Angelos Laoutaris is a Ph.D. student of the University of Crete since 2016. He has completed his M.Sc. in Physics and Technical Applications at the National and Technical University of Athens in 2016 and his Bachelor in Physics at the University of Athens in 2014.
During his bachelor studies he participated in the Cosmic Rays group of the University of Athens under Prof. E.C. Mavromichalaki studying geomagnetic storms and completed an internship at the Tandem Laboratory of N.C.S.R. “Demokritos” studying X-Ray Fluorescence, PIXE and PIGE methods of sample analysis.
During his master studies he participated in the APAPES group (Atomic Physics with Accelerators, Projectile electron Spectroscopy), an atomic physics group hosted at the tandem laboratory of N.C.S.R. “Demokritos”, where he designed and supervised the construction and installation of an ion post-stripper on the system of the tandem Van de Graaff accelerator, under the supervision of Prof. Theo Zouros.
Currently he is a member of the APAPES group and his research focuses on the field of accelerator-based atomic physics at the 5.5 MV tandem accelerator at the Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics at the National Center for Scientific Research – “Demokritos” in Athens, where a beam line dedicated to atomic physics has been developed and a unit for the high resolution Auger spectroscopy of Projectile Ions has been setup funded through the program APAPES (ESPA 2007-2013).
- Population of the 1s2s(3S)nl 2L states in collisions of mixed-state (1s2 1S, 1s2s 3S) B3+ and C4+ ion beams with He and H2 targets, E. P. Benis, I. Madesis, A. Laoutaris, S. K. Nikolaou, A. Dubois, T. W. Gorczyca, T. J. M. Zouros, X-Ray spectrometry 2019; 1-6.
- Projectile electron spectroscopy: new answers to old questions. Latest results at the new atomic physics beamline in Demokritos, Athens, I. Madesis, A. Laoutaris, T.J.M. Zouros, S. Nanos and E.P. Benis, Preprint (2018) (ISIAC 2017).
- Mixed-State Ionic Beams: An Effective Tool For Collision Dynamics Investigations, E.P. Benis, I. Madesis, A. Laoutaris, S. Nanos, T.J.M. Zouros, ATOMS 6 (2018) 66.
- Experimental determination of the effective solid angle of long-lived projectile states in zero-degree Auger projectile spectroscopy, E.P. Benis, I. Madesis, A. Laoutaris, S. Nanos, T. J. M. Zouros, 2017, Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena 222 (2018) 31.
- High Resolution Auger Projectile Electron Spectroscopy of Li-like Ions Produced by Electron Capture in collision of He-like ions with Gaseous targets, A. Dimitriou, A. Laoutaris, I. Madesis, S. Doukas, E. P. Benis, B. Sulik, O. Sise, A. Lagoyannis, M. Axiotis, T. J. M. Zouros, 2016, Journal of Atomic, Molecular, Condensate and Nano Physics, Vol.3, No. 2, 125-131.
- The voltage optimization of a four-element lens used on a hemispherical spectrograph with virtual entry for highest energy resolution, O. Sise, G. Martínez, I. Madesis, A. Laoutaris, A.Dimitriou, M. Fernández- Martín, T. J. M. Zouros, 2016, Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena 211 (2016) 19-31.
- Voltage optimization of a 4-element Injection Lens on a hemispherical spectrograph with virtual entry aperture, G. Martínez, M. Fernández-Martín, O. Sise, I. Madesis, A. Dimitriou, A. Laoutaris and T. J. M. Zouros, 2016, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 369, 92.
- Determination of the solid angle and response function of a hemispherical spectrograph with injection lens for Auger electrons emitted from long lived projectile states, S. Doukas, I. Madesis, A. Dimitriou, A. Laoutaris, T. J. M. Zouros and E. P. Benis, 2015, Review of Scientific Instruments 86, 043111.