The 7th International Workshop on Compound-Nuclear Reactions and Related Topics will be held from 5 to 9 October 2020 in Athens, Greece.
Following in the footsteps of the previous ones held in Yosemite National Park (2007), Bordeaux (2009), Prague (2011), Sao Paolo (2013), Tokyo (2015) and Berkeley (2018), the workshop will bring together scientists from the fields of nuclear theory, experiment, data evaluation, nuclear astrophysics and other applications. The aim is to review the current status of experimental and theoretical efforts in compound-nuclear reactions and related areas, discuss new developments and needs for improvement, exchange ideas about how to address these needs and share perspectives on the future of the field.
This will be achieved by a series of plenary talks, including invited or oral contributions as well as poster presentations. Emphasis will be put on stimulating interactions and discussions among the participants.
The topics that will be covered include
- Nuclear reaction mechanisms (direct, compound, pre-equilibrium, other)
- Nuclear fission
- Statistical Hauser-Feshbach theory
- Surrogate methods
- Optical model
- Level densities and photon strength functions
- R-matrix theory and connecting resolved resonances with statistical regime
- Nuclear structure for nuclear reactions
- Measurements relevant to compound-nuclear reactions (direct and indirect)
- Nuclear data
- Applications in nuclear astrophysics, energy, medical physics etc.
- Experimental facilities